This guide will provide solutions to the most common situations you may encounter with your Apple TV.
Apple TV Siri remote does not work
- Check battery level status and charge battery using lighting cable.
- Pair remote by pointing three inches away from Apple TV then pressing and holding Menu and volume up buttons for five seconds.
Apple TV Hospitality remote does not work
- Verify function LED light works. (If not, proceed to step 2.
- Check batteries.
- Program remote using TV remote setup guide.
Apple TV Hospitality remote with IR and without IR
- With IR, verify lights, check batteries, verify IR receiver is mounted in front of the TV visible to the remote and that the transmitter is still mounted and pointed at the Apple TV, once this is verified and corrected, test for functionality.
- If it still does not work, verify the USB cable is plugged in for the IR Transmitter/Receiver.
Apple TV has no power
- Check the power cable to the Apple TV for loose connections or bad cable.
- Unplug and reconnect power cable to Apple TV.
Apple TV has no image or audio
- Check HDMI cable for loose connections or bad cable.
- Check TV settings for audio out (internal/external speakers).
- Try Apple TV on a different HDMI input.
- Power cycle the Apple TV by disconnecting the power cable and reconnecting it.
Apple TV has no network
- Check to see if the Apple TV is still connected, go to Settings >> Network and verify it shows “ethernet and connected”. However while it may be connected, it may not have network traffic or has lost connection. When you restart the Apple TV it will try to acquire a new connection.
- To do this go to Settings >> System >> Restart. If it still fails to connect, verify connection is active and working by plugging in the ethernet cable to another device and check for loose connections or bad cable.
Apple TV Frozen
- If the Apple TV is frozen and will not respond using the remote, you may need to power cycle the Apple TV.
- Unplug and reconnect the Apple TV power cable and verify that the device reconnects to the internet.
Failed to Activate/Waiting for Configuration
This is typically a disconnection from the Apple activation server.
Restart the Apple TV in the settings app first, if not able due to frozen Apple TV then unplug and reconnect the Apple TV power cable.
Verify internet connection. *If you are on WIFI you will need to re-enter password after reset.
Once the Monscierge configuration is validated, it can take up to 30 minutes to reinstall all apps.